Sign in to follow this  
Ryoriel

Quest progress not accumulated

I have this issue with quest named "Powerful Hero's Mission 3" which keep resetting my run to 0 everytime i logged out and logging in the next day. This turn to be quite annoying since i need to clear  a certain hero dungeon 5 times, and it limited to 4, which rendered my quest to be impossible to finish.

I encountered this error also when doing change job quest, defeating 250 enemies +- 5 from my level, so i was wondering if there any help with this issue.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Ryoriel said:

I have this issue with quest named "Powerful Hero's Mission 3" which keep resetting my run to 0 everytime i logged out and logging in the next day. This turn to be quite annoying since i need to clear  a certain hero dungeon 5 times, and it limited to 4, which rendered my quest to be impossible to finish.

I encountered this error also when doing change job quest, defeating 250 enemies +- 5 from my level, so i was wondering if there any help with this issue.

Thanks.

The mission you named is a mission that was long since disabled. It was previously known as a mission we've made in the past while experimenting called "Shackles of the Past" which was for Nightmare Circus. Since we've disabled these missions the older ones that use existing IDs should under normal conditions be uncompletetable (but some might work depending on their release time).

If you've obtained that mission in the past and you randomly found it in your list, that's most likely it. You can always try to be online during reset and see if you can squeeze an extra run and hope it works but it might not be registering your progress to the database which might cause it not to work even if you do complete it.

However and this includes the job change quest, it can also be some sort of client corruption going on. As a reminder, Dimension's Door kills do not count towards the mission but if you're having this happen during normal dungeon runs then I'd suspect some sort of mismatch/corruption of the mission scripts going on that might also be another reason for why the Powerful Hero's Mission isn't working. 

Which job change missions were you doing and what type of dungeons were you running? I can test it on my side using a clean account/client and see if I can reproduce the issue on my side. :) Thank you for the report!

5 hours ago, Kizuyo said:

The mission you named is a mission that was long since disabled. It was previously known as a mission we've made in the past while experimenting called "Shackles of the Past" which was for Nightmare Circus. Since we've disabled these missions the older ones that use existing IDs should under normal conditions be uncompletetable (but some might work depending on their release time).

If you've obtained that mission in the past and you randomly found it in your list, that's most likely it. You can always try to be online during reset and see if you can squeeze an extra run and hope it works but it might not be registering your progress to the database which might cause it not to work even if you do complete it.

However and this includes the job change quest, it can also be some sort of client corruption going on. As a reminder, Dimension's Door kills do not count towards the mission but if you're having this happen during normal dungeon runs then I'd suspect some sort of mismatch/corruption of the mission scripts going on that might also be another reason for why the Powerful Hero's Mission isn't working. 

Which job change missions were you doing and what type of dungeons were you running? I can test it on my side using a clean account/client and see if I can reproduce the issue on my side. :) Thank you for the report!

Thanks , i did using old account which got that mission long time ago, but i never had any problems with my client (hope it didn't).

For job change quest, im doing the mission for RIN 4th Job "Chosen" , which i think it is also the old change job quest (Maybe). i just started to play again recently, and there's this 4th job change mission that need me to finish  250 monster 5 levels below or beyond my level. ( i checked the GP shop scroll, it started at Partusay, but this one start at The Wym's Maw)

I manage to finish them on a single day and not reporting it because i think it is not a major bug (just needed an extra effort) , but since it is also happened to my other quest i decided to post it here, who knows it might happen again to other  job change quest :). Thanks for Replying!

3 hours ago, Ryoriel said:

Thanks , i did using old account which got that mission long time ago, but i never had any problems with my client (hope it didn't).

For job change quest, im doing the mission for RIN 4th Job "Chosen" , which i think it is also the old change job quest (Maybe). i just started to play again recently, and there's this 4th job change mission that need me to finish  250 monster 5 levels below or beyond my level. ( i checked the GP shop scroll, it started at Partusay, but this one start at The Wym's Maw)

I manage to finish them on a single day and not reporting it because i think it is not a major bug (just needed an extra effort) , but since it is also happened to my other quest i decided to post it here, who knows it might happen again to other  job change quest :). Thanks for Replying!

Oh, I see. We did update the job missions in the past to all begin around the same point -- perhaps it really was an old version or a mission using an older condition. Though, since it's an old account then I think that might've been the issue since the mission scripts was updated a couple of times since then. I am aware of Rin's Job Missions having duplicates so maybe the older one was in the shop and you've obtained it but it was "disabled" at some point.

I assume by what you said at the ending that you finished the new job mission without any issues? :o

10 hours ago, Kizuyo said:

Oh, I see. We did update the job missions in the past to all begin around the same point -- perhaps it really was an old version or a mission using an older condition. Though, since it's an old account then I think that might've been the issue since the mission scripts was updated a couple of times since then. I am aware of Rin's Job Missions having duplicates so maybe the older one was in the shop and you've obtained it but it was "disabled" at some point.

I assume by what you said at the ending that you finished the new job mission without any issues? :o

Yes, i manage to end the quest without issue, only the other one i'm having the problem with.

Also thank you for the help, now i can continue without worries :)

• Like 1