MasterGuil

New avatar and sign

Sup everyone,

I have so much fun playing with game files and found my favorite character in the game, the tempest. :)

So, I decide to put 30-40 mins to make a new avatar and signature for fun. What do you think of? No worries, can be harsh if you want, I didn't put that much time on it and I am also not a pro either.

I use the 3d model of tempest and texture to create it and use photoshop for background/text/effects.

Thanks and have a great day!

tempest_sign.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MasterGuil said:

Sup everyone,

I have so much fun playing with game files and found my favorite character in the game, the tempest. :)

So, I decide to put 30-40 mins to make a new avatar and signature for fun. What do you think of? No worries, can be harsh if you want, I didn't put that much time on it and I am also not a pro either.

I use the 3d model of tempest and texture to create it and use photoshop for background/text/effects.

tempest_sign.png

It looks real cool! Love the aura in the back and the font you used for [TEMPEST]! <3 I'm not much of the artist eye so I can't nitpick details.

5 hours ago, MasterGuil said:

Sup everyone,

tempest_sign.png

It looks real cool! Love the aura in the back and the font you used for [TEMPEST]! <3 I'm not much of the artist eye so I can't nitpick details.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enid said:

The great thing about any kind of arts is you can appreciate it without being an artist. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MasterGuil said:

The great thing about any kind of arts is you can appreciate it without being an artist. :)

I can agree with you there! Great work!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MasterGuil said:

What do you think of? No worries, can be harsh if you want...

Well, it's really nice. Except for the crude, unpolished edges when two colors meet on a same surface, as if a texture have been stretched. The most noticeable example would be around the cross shape on the shoulder plate. See the shield below, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I wish those would be polished a bit :/

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krokmou said:

Well, it's really nice. Except for the crude, unpolished edges when two colors meet on a same surface, as if a texture have been stretched. The most noticeable example would be around the cross shape on the shoulder plate. See the shield below, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I wish those would be polished a bit :/

Capture.PNG

Yah I know exactly what you are saying. It seem KoG artists did the drawing on a bigger canvas (512×512 for example) in photoshop with normal drawing line tools (bitmap) and shrank it down to 128x128. 

Since the canvas is such low res, it will be very hard to do a vector drawing with meshes (for colors). 

There is 3 things I can try to do tho :

1- Illustrator has a live paint fonction to convert drawing to vector but it often lose many details. 

2- I could over draw the existing lines of the texture file with vector. Like this, I would not get jaggy edges. 

3- I could either over draw the lines directly on my final result png or use smudge tool lightly to create some kind of AA.

I'll give a try, thanks for the feedback.

Edited by MasterGuil

Here is a quick test I did just converting the bitmap file into vector. I don't have time today to do anything great but I think when I'll have free time, I could totally redraw in vector the tempest texture since it ain't as bad (hard) I was remembering.

bitmap texture

temp_tex_bitmap.png

quick vector conversion texture

temp_tex_vector.png

3d model with the quick vector conversion texture

tempest_test_ai.png

Edited by MasterGuil
Looks like the 3d model with vector texture would be a perfect fit for the game Battle Chasers. :)
  • Like 1