Sign in to follow this  
MasterGuil

grand chase files questions

Good day everyone,

This will be more specific questions about GC so I don't expected much people to be able to answer to my questions except mods and GMs.

1- I am looking for the necklace fire effects in the files, any idea where is it? I am uncompressing the files atm and the game is massive in term of files so I am not done yet and couldn't find it.

2- I am thinking of redrawing some effect with illustrator, does the game support only .dds file or could it support .ai file?

3- How do you extract kom files in stages folder? I always get size error. :|

Thanks!

Edited by MasterGuil
added 3-

11 minutes ago, MasterGuil said:

Good day everyone,

This will be more specific questions about GC so I don't expected much people to be able to answer to my questions except mods and GMs.

1- I am looking for the necklace fire effects in the files, any idea where is it? I am uncompressing the files atm and the game is massive in term of files so I am not done yet and couldn't find it.

2- I am thinking of redrawing some effect with illustrator, does the game support only .dds file or could it support .ai file?

3- How do you extract kom files in stages folder? I always get size error. :|

Thanks!

1) You'll have to look in particle_script which is encrypted to protect people from modifying 'em (like how you're trying) and have the correct tool to view the sequence (it's usually only available to the developers and am unsure if a public one is available) then you got to find the correct sequence from the script.kom. The DDS themselves can be found in the particle.koms in ./Texture/Particle but you're going to have a hard time finding the correct one as the sequence can read whatever and modify colors.

2) It only supports .DDS and occasionally, .TGA.

3) Same deal as particle_script, we protected it so you can't extract it and modify them.

12 hours ago, Enid said:

1) You'll have to look in particle_script which is encrypted to protect people from modifying 'em (like how you're trying) and have the correct tool to view the sequence (it's usually only available to the developers and am unsure if a public one is available) then you got to find the correct sequence from the script.kom. The DDS themselves can be found in the particle.koms in ./Texture/Particle but you're going to have a hard time finding the correct one as the sequence can read whatever and modify colors.

2) It only supports .DDS and occasionally, .TGA.

3) Same deal as particle_script, we protected it so you can't extract it and modify them.

So basically, stage directory is mainly scripts?  I don't really mind about the scripts to be honest, I am only interested into GFX. I thought at first than the stage directory was for the dungeons graphics. :)

Also, if I make vector drawings of some textures and recompile the files to have a look in-game, I guess there is a "verifying system" that protect the game of altered files right? If yes, I'll stick to blender renders then and draw line over the renders to get close to GC in-game result. Would be much less trouble than trying to make a dummy server to try my stuff on.

Edited by MasterGuil

2 hours ago, MasterGuil said:

So basically, stage directory is mainly scripts?  I don't really mind about the scripts to be honest, I am only interested into GFX. I thought at first than the stage directory was for the dungeons graphics. :)

Also, if I make vector drawings of some textures and recompile the files to have a look in-game, I guess there is a "verifying system" that protect the game of altered files right? If yes, I'll stick to blender renders then and draw line over the renders to get close to GC in-game result. Would be much less trouble than trying to make a dummy server to try my stuff on.

Eh, there is a type of verification but most of the time you can edit the textures freely. Just modify the particles in ./Texture/Particle/.

8 minutes ago, Enid said:

Eh, there is a type of verification but most of the time you can edit the textures freely. Just modify the particles in ./Texture/Particle/.

Oh! I thought the verification system was looking at the file's weight.

That's good to hear then, I will be able to try to retexture some effects and characters/mobs textures.

After playing a little bit with all this, I have to say than you can't modify textures and recompile, the checksum won't allow any changes at all.

Even if you modify the xml file with the new file weight, you still have a file id number that validate the authenticity of the file.

Thanks for the informations anyway Enid. :)

P.S. Here is a quick vector conversion(looks crappy a little, need to work on it) I've made as a test to make sure I don't work on it for nothing. :) 

flamepoint_original.gif Flamepoint original

flamepoint_vector.gif Flamepoint vector

flamesmoke_original.gif Flamesmoke original

flamesmoke_vector.gif Flamesmoke vector

Edited by MasterGuil

1 hour ago, MasterGuil said:

After playing a little bit with all this, I have to say than you can't modify textures and recompile, the checksum won't allow any changes at all.

Even if you modify the xml file with the new file weight, you still have a file id number that validate the authenticity of the file.

Thanks for the informations anyway Enid. :)

P.S. Here is a quick vector conversion(looks crappy a little, need to work on it) I've made as a test to make sure I don't work on it for nothing. :) 

flamepoint_original.gif Flamepoint original

flamepoint_vector.gif Flamepoint vector

flamesmoke_original.gif Flamesmoke original

flamesmoke_vector.gif Flamesmoke vector

Lol what are you talking about, you can re-compile the particles xDDD Just enable the Modification check from the launcher config.xml

Do you mean Options.xml? I don't have a config.xml

And if it is indeed options.xml, I've put true to allowmodifications and the launcher still overwrite itemanim0.kom.

1 hour ago, MasterGuil said:

Do you mean Options.xml? I don't have a config.xml

And if it is indeed options.xml, I've put true to allowmodifications and the launcher still overwrite itemanim0.kom.

Hrmmmm, it works the same as voice. Though I haven't seen anyone ever modify that .KOM since it's just usually mini dolls and stuff in that . kom. It just sounds like you're doing something wrong though.

57 minutes ago, Enid said:

Hrmmmm, it works the same as voice. Though I haven't seen anyone ever modify that .KOM since it's just usually mini dolls and stuff in that . kom. It just sounds like you're doing something wrong though.

So here is what I did basically:

1- uncompress itemanim0.kom with quickbms into a folder of same name (itemanim0)

2- convert dds to png with xnconvert

3- did my modifications to the png

4- reconvert png to dds with xnconvert

5- recompile the folder itemanim0 with brian's kompactor (using v3)

6- copy my new itemanim0.kom to GCM folder where it belong.

7- Changed allowmodification to true in options.xml (also tried capital T)

also changed the weight of the file in updates.xml to make sure.

8- Launched GCM, launcher redownload the itemanim0.kom

Pretty much it ,stuck at this point. :P