Twims

Asin build, double the power of Mugen (PvE mostly)

Intro, jump lower if you directly want to read the build

Experienced players tend to consider Disciple as a better choice, simply because it allows Asin to acquire the extremely efficient Pressure Point (later refered as PP).
To make it simple, level 1 PP double the damage received by a target for a 10 second duration, making it one of the most OP skill in the game especially if you play with a 4 people party and with a strong pet.

However, most players actually chose Mugen path. In addition to the hype of using a secret job, Mugen is granted much more efficient combos, providing great damages, high mobility and good MP gain. The Mugen can also unlock new special actives, including King's Wrath which has a much wider AoE than Bamboo swallow as well as better damages overall (though Bamboo swallows isn't too bad, the AoE differcenc being actually more significant than the damage difference).

Last but not least, Mugen can also use Water Puddle to reduce defense of his target, but Water Puddle is vastly inferior to PP as the debuff last only 6 seconds and the debuff goes out whenever the ennemies stop touching the ground where is the Puddle. In reality, Puddle is completely uneffective against mobile ennemies or flying ennemies, and your mates can't use a skill that push or lift ennemies if they want to benefit of the debuff, which they are unlikely to be aware of. 

Now here is the deal: 

One the one hand you have the Disciple, poor combos, few good skills (keep in mind that Hanuman is very hard to land on several targets at once and Fire Drop seems to be bugged on Madness so it is almost useless as far as I have seen), but some strong buffs (including PP and some Crit booster) making Asin capable of dealing huge burst when using  Hyper Active and pets and being a God Tier support. However most of the time the gameplay feels not very satisfying and you will have harder time cleaning a room alone when Liquid Jade is on CD.

One the other hand, you have the Mugen, highly satisfying due to amazing combos and great AoE skills (King's Wrath and Shooting Star as the best 2 MP bar skill by far). Overall a very good character but lacks the power of PP to become truly OP.

Actual build

Here is the idea, we are going to make a hybrid build in order to add Pressure Point to the Mugen. This build is actually very common when you look for a build on internet but very few Asin players know how to do it properly and it's actually not common at all. When I was playing on NA, I actually only met 2 or 3 Asin players using this build while Asin was a quite common character.

This way we will keep the most importants parts of the Mugen skill tree but be able to have at least the x2 damage debuff.

Firstly, you have to put every point in the Disciple skill tree until you unlock the second scret door (level 40), then you take Pressure Point level 1, which is more than enough as you won't decrease the defense any lower at further levels.

When you have it, put every points until level 80 in the Mugen skill tree, don't take MP recovery lvl2, if you do so you won't be able to get King's Wrath which is much better than a mere MP boost.  Not taking MP recovery lvl 2 is actually were most people fail when trying to build a hybrid. This may be because Cypherix said in his build that you can use 168 SP while you actually only have 160.

Used Skills

PP, obviously since the whole purpose of going hybrid is getting this skill

Infinite Hands. In the dark era when players couldn't use Alt key to avoid everything, they discovered that using a long animation 1 MP bar skill was a great way to get out of trouble. If a boss uses a long and impossible OHKO technique, you can re-cast IH before the animation ends to be invincible even longer. You can also use it to be invincible while charging your MP bar and cast a stronger skill on CD if you have your 4 MP bar

King's Wrath. This skill cleans a room and deal great damages. Great for every situation.

Ultimate Skill (I like Easter Rain Liquid Jade the most, but I never use the other so I can't really tell). Combine this with PP and hit like a truck.

Bamboo Swallows or Shooting Stars. This is up to the situation and up to your personal preference. Shooting Stars is somewhat a weaker version of Bamboo Swallows but it costs 2 MP and you can cast it when charging your MP bar (that you can't do with Bamboo Swallows since you already have King's Wrath as a 3MP bar). Bamboo Swallows is an alternative when King's Wrath is on CD and you have no time to charge it, while Shooting Stars is great when you have an opportunity to hit a lot of ennemies or have to get out of trouble but don't have 3 MP bar available.
I personnally used Fire Drop while in NAGC but on Madness it seems bugged.

Pro/Cons

Most players will actually try to find Pros and Cons to each of the three builds (Full Disciple, Full Mugen and Hybrid) and explain which one is better in which situation, as if those three builds were actually balanced.

The truth is that they GC has never been a perfectly balanced game, and Hybrid is simply vastly superior to the two other builds.

Compared to full Mugen:

This is gonna be the easy part, since our Hybrid is very close to a full Mugen.

By chosing Hybrid, we lose over Hybrid; MP reco lvl 2 (which is not so visible, especially if you have a good pet), Dash in nimble stance (which is a great mobility tool, satisfying yo use. It might be useful for PvP and for Jumping rooms, but otherwise Asin has far enough mobility for PvE), Element Circulation (Heal, I honestly don't know how effective this is, but just take a potion and play safe, you can have life steal in your combos anyway), Water Puddle (we have PP instead, much better), and Cloud Walk (useful in PvP mostly. If you play well in PvE you don't need another mobility tool anyway)

We however gain: Dash Additional hits (Nice alternative to Snake Stance, as Snake Stance will allows to go to the other side of an ennemy which is detrimental if you are already facing his back. It can also initiate a juggling combo), Some useless buffs, and Pressure Point (x2 damages on targets for the whole team. Simply)

I don't really see how the skills we miss can be as great as the ability to double the power on a target. Full Mugen however has an upperhand in PvP as PP is much less usefull in PvP.

Compared to full Disciple:

Disciple will provide a lot of passives to boost Asin's skills, but Asin won't have much good skills to boost anyway, neither he will have enough space in his skill slot to use them quite often, aswell as a lot of useless stuff in his main tree (that are no match at all compared to Mugen's moves)

HOWEVER, Disciple has the Increased Enhancement Effect that will give you +50% Crit chance whenever you activate two enhancement skills, which is insane when we know that Crit damage can be highly boosted since S5.

Here is the thing, Disciple has in theory insane buffs and could potentially deal quite more damage on a single target with a strong Pet and his Ultimate skill than Hybdrid. However, his lack of good combos and of great AoE skills make him quite more vulnerable and less effective for clearing a dungeon in general.

IMO, since Hybrid is already OP for taking down a boss, having the AoE and the Speed to rush a dungeon makes him quite better in a lot of situations. Plus, he doesn't need as much Actives in his skill slot to be powerfull, giving him a wider array of Special Actives.

The Disciples requires Pressure Points as well as two enhancements in his set to reach his full potential, leaving him only 2 skill slot for the Special Actives. But since he also needs an Ultimate skill to benefit the most from his buff, he actually can carry with him only one Special Active. In addition to the fact that having only one Special Acive is not too much fun to play, you have to sacrifice either a Strong Special (namely Bamboo Swallows), leaving you buffed for almost nothing, or a utility skill (namely Infinite Hand), leaving you quite vulnerable as you need to rely only on your combos and Alt key to avoid every situation. I think that chosing Bamboo Swallow is the most viable option, but requires the player to be much better at timing and thinking where and when to go, as well as making it much harder to spam skills.

It is the End for this build, if you have any suggestion or if I made any error, feel free to share, I'd gladly see feedbacks

• Like 2

You do know that everyone's already doing this, right? This build is Asin's meta and people have been building this character this way since he came by. The same thing goes for hybrid Dio with Onrush skill, the only skill that matters. That being said, I really wish they'd nerf PP to something more reasonable...

2 hours ago, Krokmou said:

You do know that everyone's already doing this, right? This build is Asin's meta and people have been building this character this way since he came by. The same thing goes for hybrid Dio with Onrush skill, the only skill that matters. That being said, I really wish they'd nerf PP to something more reasonable...

There still have people who doesn't know how to play with Asin, this guide is usefull for newcomers...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adrian said:

There still have people who doesn't know how to play with Asin, this guide is usefull for newcomers...

Useful indeed, quite detailed and well explained.

Good job, Twims~

• Like 2

On 19/03/2018 at 4:56 PM, Krokmou said:

That being said, I really wish they'd nerf PP to something more reasonable...

I agree that PP is too strong, but I think it is nice to keep it as it is.

My point is that, when going to end game content it is quite hard for a low geared beginner to be accepted in a party (I like how some SS 200k+ feel the need to play with other SS 200k+ only as if they still had to be carried) but Asin can be sometimes welcomed by experienced players because they acknowledge his utility no matter how bad his stuff is. 

Since I started on this server a few days ago, I chosed to main Asin so I could feel useful while slowly grinding for my equipments. (Btw, I still get kicked by most of the highly geared players as they seem to prefer having a 4th highly geared party member rather than a double damage buff for the other 3 members) 

A pretty good read for new ones, but as an Asin main in GCM I will add that a Hybrid build is overall better than Disciple because its more practical in that it brings the best debuff (Pressure Point) in the game to the party while allowing you to use better skills; but full Mugen is more superior to a Hybrid build and Disciple when it comes to LoJ, ToD and hell mode in event dungeons which limits or prevents the use of potions.

What do I mean? Well, this is thanks to the GCM staff which made a good move on buffing "Special Enhancement" which not only now increases Water Puddle's duration to 10 seconds and a 30% boost to all Mugen specific specials and Imperial/Ultimate skills, but also adds Hyper Armor to Cloud Walk. By doing this, Asin can almost stay indefinitely in a "hyper armor state"; and imo, hyper armor trumps everything in PVE.

I'm pretty busy to write a guide on anyone atm, but I'll try to see if I can at least do sort of a Mugen Tips which will elaborate more and hopefully incite more players to go full Mugen. Nevertheless, this is all good knowledge for new Asin players.

Cheers-

Ye what happened to fire drop? Now you need the "Additional special attack" lvl 80 skill to do the ground smash animation. But i think it should be already included even without that  lvl 80 skill effect.

And can someone explain this to me lol. I just tried asin and then sometimes fire drop does the ground smash and bamboo swallow sometimes does the last hit that can only be done after activating "Additional special attack" lvl 80. im still lvl 70 and it somehow does it without the skill. Idunno its buggy :I

Edited by Daldaeus

How is everyone suggesting Disciple is inferior compare to both other 2 builds PVE wise?
People disapproving the damage potential of PP3 generated totally against my experience towards the builds myself (player from GCTaiWan, NAGC, GCM & GCR).

For newer player, all the nimble styles are actually less useful because of harder execution, compare to the more straight-forward playstyle disciple, you PP3, combo, press up and blink to back, combo, PP3, rinse and repeat. 

People debating over King's Wrath, Asin's one and only AOE skill exclude extremes, but why do you need it? You know most of Asin's skills damage sucks because they have to compensate them for PP's damage potential right? Then PP, PP small AoE which cant make you hit everyone in the screen, then why ask for larger AoE but have inferior damage to those you haven't PP?

Please enlighten me senpais

That's a very old guide, so I had to read through it to see if I didn't write too many stupid things in it lmao. I overrated King's Wrath, the skill is strong for clearing but Bamboo Swallow is my main damage source atm, I think it deals better damages but Im not sure (with Crits, sometimes one perform better than the others sometimes it's the opposite)

Full Disciple is completely viable and has more burst damage mostly because of the right side of the secret door, that buff specials actives (and double Enchant crit boost, if you are a yolo madlife person who only needs two specials actives)

The only reason why I am still playing Mugen Hybrid to this day is because the value of nimble styles is just too high to be passed on. It gives INSANE amount of MP, overall safer comboing in ToD (can regen MP safely with jump X Z on gorgons without triggering that stupid micro jump) and more mobility. 

For newer player, all the nimble styles are actually less useful because of harder execution, compare to the more straight-forward playstyle disciple, you PP3, combo, press up and blink to back, combo, PP3, rinse and repeat. 

Nimble styles isn't that hard to use, and the basic disciple combo leaves you vulnerable during the blink double kick, and since a lot of ennemies have bugged hitboxes you are not really safe when u are behind. It's a strong combo, but it gets countered by a few ennemies and you don't have much alternative to it.  In my opinion full disciple is less noob friendly because it needs high end gearing to fully scale (and benefit from that crazy Crit buff) and is less safe

People debating over King's Wrath, Asin's one and only AOE skill exclude extremes, but why do you need it? You know most of Asin's skills damage sucks because they have to compensate them for PP's damage potential right? Then PP, PP small AoE which cant make you hit everyone in the screen, then why ask for larger AoE but have inferior damage to those you haven't PP?

Appart from Wizard Labyrinth, a skill doesn't need especially high damage to clear a room, so King's Wrath does its job fairly well. It's not a mandatory skill for ToD though, you can do well with Bamboo Swallow and an Extreme Skill

In my opinion, you can skip King's Wrath and Shuju Bomb to take MP recovery lvl 2 and Jump atk: additonal hits. It's up to you.

I’m a noob and just started playing Asin. I’ve seen a lot of people in youtube play and they gain mp every time they basic attack. How do u do that. Oh, and btw how do u do the last nimble style? Instructions says to press >> after attack x... what does that mean