Sign in to follow this  
wantedx9

Game Won't Launch

Recommended Posts

Having trouble starting the game. After clicking the launcher and letting it do its thing and then clicking play...nothing happens. I can see Main.exe running in my task manager thing but nothing else happens. I dont get any error prompts either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be sure you have the game folder excluded from being scanned on your windows defender and any other antivirus you have (including firewall settings allowing the game to pass through)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rivia said:

Just to be sure you have the game folder excluded from being scanned on your windows defender and any other antivirus you have (including firewall settings allowing the game to pass through)?

I've made exceptions for Main.exe in both windows defender and McAfee, ive also tried turning both firewalls and im still getting nothing. Main.exe appears in my task manager but nothing pops up not even an error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, do you have a “d3d9.dll” file in your folder by chance? If so try deleting it and running the game again. And McAfee technically still scans no matter what settings you set for files/folders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rivia said:

Ok, do you have a “d3d9.dll” file in your folder by chance? If so try deleting it and running the game again. And McAfee technically still scans no matter what settings you set for files/folders.

All i have are the d3dx9_42 and 43.dll files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last solution I can think of for you is to delete the main.exe in the folder, close out every other application in the background so your pc can mainly focus on the game itself, let the launcher patch a new main and see if it will appear. It’s not certain that this is a connection problem, protection problem, or client problem at the moment.

also make sure your net.framework (you can get it from the general solutions thread) is up to date just to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wantedx9 said:

Tried that last one and still itsnt popping up :/...net framework is also updated to the latest version

Well, I can at least tell the admin that you need assistance but I can't say when he will be available to assist since he is extremely busy at this time. At most he will PM you on here or I'll do the PM for him. The time may be random also so just keep that in mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rivia said:

Well, I can at least tell the admin that you need assistance but I can't say when he will be available to assist since he is extremely busy at this time. At most he will PM you on here or I'll do the PM for him. The time may be random also so just keep that in mind. 

Okay, thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 2:05 AM, Rivia said:

Well, I can at least tell the admin that you need assistance but I can't say when he will be available to assist since he is extremely busy at this time. At most he will PM you on here or I'll do the PM for him. The time may be random also so just keep that in mind. 

So I just checked the LauncherError file...am i suppoed to be getting all these errors? Lol

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wantedx9 said:

So I just checked the LauncherError file...am i suppoed to be getting all these errors? Lol

Capture.PNG

That's actually normal, I even have a ton of files showing differences with my launcher error file. Sorry that it's taking a long time to find a solution for you but I myself have to wait for a response since they are busy. However, so far in response I've been told to ask have you installed the Redist 2012 version (You can find this by going to your game folder > Redist Folder > 2012 > Install the 2012 version) and to show a screenshot of your task manager so we can figure out what type of protection may be blocking the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rivia said:

That's actually normal, I even have a ton of files showing differences with my launcher error file. Sorry that it's taking a long time to find a solution for you but I myself have to wait for a response since they are busy. However, so far in response I've been told to ask have you installed the Redist 2012 version (You can find this by going to your game folder > Redist Folder > 2012 > Install the 2012 version) and to show a screenshot of your task manager so we can figure out what type of protection may be blocking the game. 

Alright so I went and did the Redist thing, restarted my computer and...nothing. What exactly do you want to see in the task manager, a specific tab or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wantedx9 said:

Alright so I went and did the Redist thing, restarted my computer and...nothing. What exactly do you want to see in the task manager, a specific tab or what?

Processes tab, just make sure it's showing more details (Basically more applications). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rivia said:

MalwareBytes is an antivirus did you exclude the game there also? 

I have the free version, so i just uninstalled it, rebooted, and still nothing lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wantedx9 said:

I have the free version, so i just uninstalled it, rebooted, and still nothing lol

ok so in total you had 3 protections but, would it be fine if you tried uninstalling McAfee too? You can always just do a system restore point to get it back on your system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i already did that earlier, its weird because I tried another client, and had the same problem, so i uninstalled  Mcafee, then that client worked, so im really at a lost with this lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically even with McAfee uninstalled the client still wont show up on your screen or the other way around lol. Because basically like i said earlier up top, McAfee will still scan and prevent things even if it's excluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McAfee and MalwareBytes uninstalled, Windows defender tried with putting Main.exe and launcher in exceptions....also with Windows Defender firewall completely off, nothing...just Main.exe showing up in the task manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this seems to be more like the client itself is having issues on your pc. Just to be clear you're not using windows 7 are you? Most win 7 players have the most issues with the client so I'll have to actually wait until Kouyz is free to discuss it more with him. 

in the meantime, we can try my copy of the [main.exe] and make your windows defender exclusions look like this:

image.png.c103f9318d6ac2de67f060c0ecb40abc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Rivia said:

Yeah this seems to be more like the client itself is having issues on your pc. Just to be clear you're not using windows 7 are you? Most win 7 players have the most issues with the client so I'll have to actually wait until Kouyz is free to discuss it more with him. 

in the meantime, we can try my copy of the [main.exe] and make your windows defender exclusions look like this:

image.png.c103f9318d6ac2de67f060c0ecb40abc.png

Im Running Windows 10, I replaced my main with yours and also added that exclusion and still nothing lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this