Potama

corrupt file (main.exe?)

hello!

ive been wanting to play gc madness after reliving gc through the phone app (bad idea probably)

when running the launcher i get the error that there is a corrupt/unreadable file. I'm assuming that it's the launcher/main, seeing as when i double click main.exe I get a windows error saying that it's corrupt/unreadable. 

I've tried manually patching, reinstalling and redownloading the entire game (first time with the anti-viruses, second time without kaspersky or windows defender). I've also deleted the main, ran the launcher to get a new main.exe (just gives me the blank box main.exe) and the updater with no success. 

this is installed with admin permissions and no anti-viruses. i've attached the launchererror file if that means anything. 

any suggestions? 

thanks and have a great day! 😄

corrupt.JPG

LauncherError.txt

On 10/12/2019 at 4:19 AM, rhythm said:

I have the same problem too! 

ahah unfortunately it seems like we're both in the same boat!

hope you get yours working!

On 10/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, rhythm said:

I have the same problem too! 

8 hours ago, Potama said:

ahah unfortunately it seems like we're both in the same boat!

hope you get yours working!

Both of you should recheck your antivirus exclusion settings. Make sure the main.exe and the game folder itself are excluded from being scanned at all times. Afterwards delete the current main.exe you have in your folder and run the launcher once more to obtain a new main.

The main.exe has been updated again therefore your protection can’t read it and will attempt to remove / manipulate the file leading to the launcher giving this error.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2019 at 12:17 AM, kentuckymachenzie said:

I used McAfee Antivirus and it seems hard to find. please please please help :(

You're not alone, i would recomend you switch to another AV and check if the issue gets solved, Avast is a good option.

i use kaspersky and i've tried both deactivating and putting them in these lists.

still doesn't work for me unfortunately. main.exe/updater still shows up as a corrupted/blank file icon after reinstalls. 

thanks in advance.

exclusion.JPG

trusted application.JPG

14 hours ago, Potama said:

i use kaspersky and i've tried both deactivating and putting them in these lists.

still doesn't work for me unfortunately. main.exe/updater still shows up as a corrupted/blank file icon after reinstalls. 

thanks in advance.

exclusion.JPG

trusted application.JPG

Delete your main.exe and try again, you allowed it but the file there is still corrupted probably.

• Thanks 1

alright im so sorry for not responding. finished exams and i didn't get an email notification for this.

i am happy to say that the problem has been resolved, the icon now appears and the game launches!

for those that have the same issue, here is what I did:

I used Kaspersky antivirus if that helps.

- Added main.exe (and the folder) into both folder exclusions and application exclusions

- Deleted the launcher and the main.exe after adding them to the exclusions

- Used the updated to regain the launcher and then ran the launcher for the main.exe

what's odd is that i've done the above steps numerous times prior to today and they didn't work, so i'm not 100% sure why it did. 

thank you for everything everyone, and good luck!

• Like 1