This server is good on paper, and it has a lot of potential - but it has a big problem: instability. When you play with others in PvP and dungeons, the game becomes very laggy depending on who it is. I'm guessing this is because of each person's location. This should not happen - latency should only affect yourself. When the server is slow because of this problem, it also affects your client performance. What's weird is that it also happens in lobbies.

I play on Windows 10, and I haven't tried any of the fixes that you can find on the forum. I think a fix should be included in the base game, because not everyone check forums. After my first day of playing, I felt that the game was unplayable - and I'm sure other new players feel the same way. It would be nice to have a Grand Chase server to play on, but it's not fun when the performance is bad. 

Edited by Smepic

Lags in PvE when you party are not an issue specific to GC Madness but is a result of the "host" system, it was already affecting official GC servers.

Basically, if I understood well, the party leader kind of host the game for the other members as you would do in a LAN game. This issue is not specifically related to people's location, since you may have no lags even if hosted by someone coming from an other continent. However, I think many people here have a poor internet connection and should not host for other.

The only fix to this currently (and it was pretty common behavior in NAGC) is that players who have a bad internet connection admit it openly and switch host by leaving re-entering in the lobby. 

The FPS drop bug (that makes every dungeon unplayable when partying) is easy to fix but I agree on that it is very common and that it should be more simple to find. I could totally imagine a message showing up in loading screen giving the link of the forum page that contains the fix, and a permanent link in the update launcher. Otherwise the fix works very well.

9 hours ago, Smepic said:

This server is good on paper, and it has a lot of potential - but it has a big problem: instability. When you play with others in PvP and dungeons, the game becomes very laggy depending on who it is. I'm guessing this is because of each person's location. This should not happen - latency should only affect yourself. When the server is slow because of this problem, it also affects your client performance. What's weird is that it also happens in lobbies.

Hmm...i will just paste it here, that is the most precise info that i can show you. image.png.b6923734db2cc11f754c6f1f82fed708.png

9 hours ago, Smepic said:

I play on Windows 10, and I haven't tried any of the fixes that you can find on the forum. I think a fix should be included in the base game, because not everyone check forums. After my first day of playing, I felt that the game was unplayable - and I'm sure other new players feel the same way. It would be nice to have a Grand Chase server to play on, but it's not fun when the performance is bad. 

There is no way to bundle the "fix" with the game, since it's not the same for everyone, the one that works for me might not work for my friend for example.

That is caused because Microsoft decided to touch DirectX9, and that resulted into a lot of old games that doesn't have support anymore being unstable or even unplayable, we can't cut the roots of that issue rn because the code of this game is REALY bad, but on the future we will find a definitive solution for everyone.

You will find this issue on most servers, some had to sacrifice things to make the FPS be better.

5 hours ago, Twims said:

Lags in PvE when you party are not an issue specific to GC Madness but is a result of the "host" system, it was already affecting official GC servers.

Basically, if I understood well, the party leader kind of host the game for the other members as you would do in a LAN game. This issue is not specifically related to people's location, since you may have no lags even if hosted by someone coming from an other continent. However, I think many people here have a poor internet connection and should not host for other.

The only fix to this currently (and it was pretty common behavior in NAGC) is that players who have a bad internet connection admit it openly and switch host by leaving re-entering in the lobby. 

The FPS drop bug (that makes every dungeon unplayable when partying) is easy to fix but I agree on that it is very common and that it should be more simple to find. I could totally imagine a message showing up in loading screen giving the link of the forum page that contains the fix, and a permanent link in the update launcher. Otherwise the fix works very well.

The problem here is that the FPS Fix does not work for everyone, but we can always add an option in the launcher that loads a d3d9.dll for the player to test, just in-case.

That would be wonderful, maybe several different versions of this file in option as apparently the version that may fix the issue is not the same for everyone.